Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Holidays

In these few days in December the air smells different, everything around me is beautiful. I just have the urge to smile at people, be thankful for all this cheer around me and something in me wants to give to all my near and dear ones.
We had a major snow storm last week which deposited 20-25 inches of snow all around, this is generally bad but this season makes you look at the snow and appreciate the beauty of white, along with the green and red Christmas colors.


You drive by, and people’s houses are decorated with lights. You step into the mall, and you have Christmas songs all around, people with gift bags in their hands finding the best gift for their loved ones. You switch on the radio and it is again Christmas songs, no more NPR for the month of Dec. Here is an example of irony of the situation: I was driving Saturday morning at 7am for classes, it was snowing pretty heavily, roads were not cleaned up, I was skidding at times even at 20-30mph, my car radio was on and they were playing “let it snow, let it snow, let it snow” and I did want it to snow and I was happy.

This is the time of the year, when things slow down, we let ourselves take the necessary break and reconcile with past year and recuperate for the coming year. Winter, Snow, Christmas, New Year, Lights, Loads of People, Love, Forgiveness, Hope, and Wishful thinking are all the ingredients that make this time of the year special.

Wishing you all and myself a very happy and loving holiday.





No comments: