Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Emotional Roller Coaster: US to India

As the final day comes closer by the minute, hours and days....emotions are running in abundance. We are so charged up with emotions, needs only a spark to send us all in a fighting, arguing, feeling sad, crying, hoping spree. Change is a turmoil in itself, bringing and waiting out the change is a roller coaster ride. Now the question is do I love roller coaster? Answer is simple: I hate roller coasters. Than why are we on this ride, same as always you cannot watch and find out if you have or love roller coasters, you have to ride it to get an answer.

We are high on adrenaline, doing this emotional journey back to India. In the same breath, we are scared to death thinking of what awaits us at the other end....the system has changed , people have changed, the culture has changed, the roads have changed, everything to speak of has changed except history. It is this change which is pulling us back to our country, and surprisingly it is also our history with India, our home, which is pulling on our heartstrings.

This side of the globe, where we still live for the next 2 days and 14 hours, is rich with its offerings of love and comfort. We have called it home for the last 6.7 years. My friends, my colleagues and to top it all, my brother is here, which saddens us to leave this place. Like everybody knows, a place is made by the people you know and care for. We love this place, we love our friends/family..and the good it has done to our lives.

This place has enriched our lives in ways we did not think possible, it has given us US...me met here, got married here..and lived as a family. This place has given me the confidence of standing tall in our carrer, dreaming and achieving. This place is inspirational, has given me the liberty to appreciate foreign. This place and the travel to this place has shown me the world in a nutshell, all across the globe. This place has shown me the strength of a country, in good or bad, needs to be debated. This place has shown me the power of American dream, and living your dream. This place still holds my friends and family, above all. So, although I am leaving this country to return to my country, my home....this has been a great home for the last so many years, months, weeks, days, hours and countless seconds.

I thank this place from the bottom of my heart for shaping our lives.

I write this post with a heavy heart, tears in my eyes, love for all I call my friends and family, and finally hope for us, to start a new life in an old country.

5 comments:

The Guy Next Door said...

You had the courage to follow your dreams. Hope it all works out to plan. Good Luck

Vrinda Khattar said...

Hi! Taniya

Welcome back to India. I am sure after the first few months of teething, back home would be good...

All the best!

Love

Vrinda

Unknown said...

Hey Taniya,
Welcome back to India. Returning from US was painful for me as well, but that pain was definitely negligible compared to what you must feel now. You have spent much more time there and have ofcourse received the gift of each other there.
Wish you all the best for loads of beautiful memories in India in the years to come :). Take care.

Unknown said...

Hey... waiting for your next blog :-) Hope you guys are settling in ok.

Unknown said...

Hi Taniya,
I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes too after reading this. The thought of "if I have to go back" is scaring me but if I have to .. I guess there's no choice. All I can say is I whole heartedly appreciate your "dream" and I know you can bring some wonderful changes to our people.